Home | News | Health | Bronx Woman Claims Her iPhone Burst Into Flames

Bronx Woman Claims Her iPhone Burst Into Flames

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
image
Joanna Acevedo, 22

A Bronx woman says she bought a new iPhone in March 2016 - and then it exploded in her hand less than a year later.

Joanna Acevedo, 22, says she received burns on her hand after it burst into flames unexpectedly.

"I felt a tingling sensation," she says. "When I realized what was happening, the phone was burning in my hand."

She says she went to the hospital and was told small, painful burns on her hand likely came from the phone.

A sales representative at the store where Acevedo bought the phone confirmed that she purchased it there but said he had not heard of this happening with any of his other customers.

Apple, which makes the iPhone, says it has reached out to Acevedo and will investigate the matter.

 

Add to:       Facebook        Google        LinkedIn        Pinterest        Buffer        Digg       

Subscribe to comments feed Comments (0 posted):

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

  • email E-Mail to a friend
  • print Print version
  • Plain text Plain text
Rate this article
5.00
Image Gallery
Joanna Acevedo, 22
Tags
No tags for this article
Featured Author
image

Alma Watkins

EZ Al is a Native American with African and German descent who hails from the Bronx. At an early age she developed a love for music, art, and photography. She has photographed films, videos, fashion and political events. She is inspired by and influenced by talented photographers of today and graffiti artist of yesterday. Her motto is to live life is to love life.