Home | News | Health | More Than A Dozen Tenants Sent To Hospital Following Carbon Monoxide Leak In Bronx Apartment Building

More Than A Dozen Tenants Sent To Hospital Following Carbon Monoxide Leak In Bronx Apartment Building

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
image
Carbon monoxide.

More than a dozen people have been sent to the hospital after a Bronx apartment building was evacuated following a carbon monoxide leak.

FDNY reports the cause of the elevated CO readings was due to a gas leak from a faulty furnace. The building is located on 232 East 165th Street in the Melrose section of Bronx.

The gas was turned off as crews were in the process of ventilating the building. Just before 7 a.m., residents were being allowed back in.

A total of 13 people were sent to the hospital. One patient is critical, and the remaining 12 are stable.

The building is a five-story multiple dwelling with 14 residential units.

 

Add to:       Facebook        Google        LinkedIn        Pinterest        Buffer        Digg       

Subscribe to comments feed Comments (0 posted):

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

  • email E-Mail to a friend
  • print Print version
  • Plain text Plain text
Rate this article
5.00
Image Gallery
Carbon monoxide.
Tags
No tags for this article
Featured Author
image

Roheeni Saxena

is a graduate student at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, where she is pursuing her master of public health degree. She has professional experience working with outdoor education programs at the National Zoo in Washington, DC, and her graduate work has focused on health and science education for children living in Northern Manhattan. Inquiries can be directed towards roheeni.saxena@gmail.com.