Home | News | Crime & Punishment | Parents Of Girls Who Died When Radiator Ruptured In Their Bronx Apartment Take Legal Action

Parents Of Girls Who Died When Radiator Ruptured In Their Bronx Apartment Take Legal Action

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Ibanez, 2 & Scylee Vayoh Ambrose, 1

The parents of two young sisters who were killed when a radiator ruptured and scalded them with steam inside their Bronx apartment have filed a notice of claim for a wrongful death lawsuit.

Ibanez, 2, and Scylee Vayoh Ambrose, 1, died on December 7, 2016.

The legal notice names the building’s owner, along with the Bushwick Economic Development Corporation, the city’s Department of Homeless Services and the city as potential defendants.

Mayor Bill de Blasio previously called the incident “an extraordinary and unprecedented accident,” and promised a full and rigorous investigation.

“This was a freak accident, a series of painful coincidences that led to the loss of these children,” he said the day after their deaths. “We are trying to put the pieces together, but so far cannot understand how something like this could happen.”

Other residents in the building said they have had problems with the heat too.


Add to:       Facebook        Google        LinkedIn        Pinterest        Buffer        Digg       

Subscribe to comments feed Comments (0 posted):

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

  • email E-Mail to a friend
  • print Print version
  • Plain text Plain text
Rate this article
Image Gallery
Ibanez, 2 & Scylee Vayoh Ambrose, 1
No tags for this article
Featured Author

Lindsay Minerva

is a multimedia journalist. She is also a digital media student at the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism. In 2009, she graduated as a Benjamin Franklin Scholar from the University of Pennsylvania. Her work experiences includes positions in politics, public relations, and law.