Michelle Orge... Simply Outstanding
Recently we received this letter from one of our readers and decided to publish it as we were equally impressed with both its writer and the subject of her writing. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
My name is Charli, and I am writing this letter because as a proud older sister I feel it is my obligation to inform you about an extremely academically gifted young lady and excellent teenage example for our new generation, within our borough, the Bronx... Miss Michelle Orge.
Who is Michelle Orge? Michelle was born on February 5, 1992 to immigrant parents of Italian and Argentine descent, Lucia and Mario Orge.
From grade 1-8 she was enrolled in the New York Public School System where she was awarded many honors and medals for her academic achievements, such as The Philip J. Abinanti Service and Leadership Award, and recognition for her impressive writing skills.
Michelle became the founder of Public School 83's first school newspaper "The Hertz" at a tender age of 12, and is currently being carried out to this day. Although everyone assured that adapting to the Catholic school system was going to be a big challenge Michelle enrolled in Saint Catherine Academy. She managed to excel and has received full paid academic scholarships from the high school to this day. Miss Orge has managed to maintain her academic average over 3.5 in all honor and AP classes, ranking amongst the top 3 students each consecutive year, and currently with an outstanding grade point average of 4.0.
She is one of SCA's academy ambassadors and reach ambassador. Michelle was appointed as the school newspaper's editor as well. She has been awarded the "City Council Citation - Speaker’s Achievement Award ". Once again, her writing talents were recognized when she won first prize at the 49 Precinct essay competition with a work entitled "Commissioner for a day".
As of recently, Michelle Orge has received the great honor from Mr. Claes Nobel, a member of the Nobel family, himself to become a member of The National Society of High School Scholars (www.nshss.org). "The mission of The National Society of High School Scholars is to recognize academic excelence and to encourage members to apply their unique talents, vision, and potential for the betterment of themselves and the world."
My family and I are so very proud of this young lady. I honestly hope all her effort and dedication can be acknowledged, as a role model for our Bronx borough, because people should know that we do have individuals in this community that do make a difference, and perhaps someday may assist in the shaping of our future.
My sister Michelle doesn't know I'm writing this letter. I'm really hoping to surprise her with your phone call. What do I need to do in order for this news to be released by The Bronx Times?
Please feel free to contact me. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you so much. Keep up the great work.
We are listing Michelle's awards and honors and wish her every success in the future.
• The Philip J. Abinanti Service and Leadership Award, P.S. 105, June 2003
• Assembled and Created “Hertz Newz” school newspaper, P.S. 83, 2004-2006
• Entered and won the letter writing contest “Family Reunion” sponsored by Disney World, June 2005
• Played a prominent role in the play Macbeth by Shakespeare, P.S.83, June 2006
• President’s Education Awards Program in recognition of outstanding excellence, P.S. 83, June 2006
• New York State Assembly Certificate of Merit, P.S. 83, June 2006
• City Council Citation- Speaker’s Achievement Award, P.S.83, June 2006
• Inducted into the National Junior Honor Society of Secondary Schools, P.S. 83, June 2006
• Creative Writing Award, P.S. 83, June 2006
• Salutatorian of graduating class, P.S. 83, June 2006
• Gold Scholar Award, St. Catharine Academy, Academic Year 2006- 2007/ February 2008, September 2008
• Announced Academy Ambassador, Saint Catharine Academy, 2007
• Merit Award, St. Catharine Academy, September 2007/February 2008
• Attendance Award , St. Catharine Academy, September 2007
• Grade 9 Student of the Month, St. Catharine Academy, March 2007
• Earned the title of Police Commissioner for a Day, June 2007
Finally, we would like to thank Michelle's sister Charli for reaching out to us, telling her sister's story and for shining with her sisterly love and pride. Your parents must be very proud of you both, and we certainly understand why!