Help Wanted: Part-Time Bronx Interviewer
We are currently seeking motivated, organized, detail-oriented individuals to work in the Bronx County area to collect data for an important study for the U.S. Public Health Service. Successful applicants will be trained to use a laptop computer to screen household members and collect information about alcohol use and disorders and related physical and mental health conditions. Interviewers will also obtain a saliva sample using a collection kit.
• have strong communication skills and previous interviewing or public contact experience;
• have the ability to locate sampled addresses by using maps and other sources;
• be able to lift and carry 15 pounds, walk up to two blocks, and climb stairs while carrying equipment with or without a reasonable accommodation;
• have a broadband Internet connection and a landline telephone;
• be willing to work at least 20-25 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends;
• have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension and regular access to an insured, reliable vehicle;
• complete a mandatory background check; and
• attend a paid out-of-town training session to be held at the end August 2012.
Bilingual interviewers fluent in the following languages are encouraged to apply: Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, and Korean.
This is a part-time nonexempt position with limited benefits. Pay rates are based on base pay and experience. Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter and have a minimum high school diploma or GED, this position may be right for you.
To apply online, please go here.
Look through apartments in Rochester, Buffalo, Bronx, or any city in New York.